20080407

ALIVE!

Yo, LIJ, Where the frog are you?
You despondent about not seeing me or something?
Don't worry, it's all gonna be OK! I'm a comin' back... sometime. I've discovered how to love life again. I saw the following poem in the comics yesterday, and it got me to thinking:
PATCH UP THE HOLES
PATCH UP THE CREASES.
PATCHE UP THE CRACKS.
PATCH UP THE PIECES.
PATCH UP THE CUTS.
DRY UP THE TEARS.
PATCH UP THE HEARTS
THAT'S BEEN BROKEN FOR YEARS.
PATCH UP THE PAST.
STOP THE INTERNAL TALKING.
PATCH UP YOUR BOOTS.
AND JUST START WALKING.

Yeah, that's right. I saw it in Night Lights and Fairy Flights. It got me wondering about that penultimate period. Isn't "and just start walking" part of the same sentence as "patch up your boots"? Anyway, it's been a time of renewal for me... Seriously.

I landed in Kitzbuhel about a week ago. That's right. I've spent the last week with Dagmar and Heidi. They've foregiven us everything!

More than that: Using their milk money, they have paid off my bookie. So, I can come home now. Maybe after a few more days of hitting the slopes and living in the clean air. Dagmar sends her love. She says she hasn't forgotten you.

You should come join us.

No comments: